This site is maintained by HUS (Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa). Our aim is to make our digital services accessible to as many people as possible. Accessibility is one of our priorities as we work to improve our digital services.
How accessible is this site?
Much of the content satisfies the level A and level AA accessibility criteria of the International Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, which set the legally required standard of accessibility. Some parts of the site are not fully accessible, and these weaknesses are described in more detail below.
Reporting accessibility problems with the site
We are committed to continuously improving the accessibility of the site. If you come across non-accessible content that is not mentioned in this accessibility statement, please let us know so that we can do our best to fix the problem. We will get back to you within 14 days.
You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enforcement of web accessibility standards
The national supervisory authority for compliance with web accessibility standards is the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. If you are not happy with our response or if you have not heard from us after two weeks, you can contact the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland and file a complaint. Detailed instructions for filing complaints are provided on the website of the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland, which also explains how complaints are handled.
Technical information about accessibility
Some parts of the site are not fully accessible at present.
Non-accessible content and features
- There are some repetitive headings on the site, and the name of the site is in a foreign language. Some of the fields, buttons and visual elements have English names or labels. (WCAG 2.4.6)
- Some of the link texts are non-descriptive. (WCAG 2.4.4)
- Some decorative images on the site are not coded as decorative. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- The instructions that are provided when content requires user input are not always clear. (WCAG 3.3.1, 3.3.2)
- Some of the foreign-language content on the page is missing the correct language identifiers. (WCAG 3.1.1)
Our goal is to rectify these weaknesses by the end of 2022.
We are also aware of a technical issue relating to the use of the Chrome browser on Android devices (link to a report about the problem on the browser site). We are unable to resolve this issue ourselves and are waiting for Google to issue a software patch to fix the problem.
- Not all text on the site is resized when the user changes the font size on their device or in their browser. (WCAG 1.4.4)
How we test the site
This accessibility statement is based on a third-party evaluation of conformance with the applicable legal requirements.
The site went live on May 6, 2022.
This statement was prepared on May 2, 2022.
The statement was most recently revised on October 11, 2022.